The detailed description of our research can be found on our webpage https://symbio.eko.uj.edu.pl/en_GB/
Our research focuses on the diversity, ecology and evolution of insect symbiotic microorganisms. We study them using high-throughput next-generation sequencing techniques.
Our main research directions are:
- the evolution of specialized endosymbioses of Auchenorrhyncha;
- the diversity and variability of microbiome composition, as well as transmission of microorganism strains, in insect communities.
The Group’s research activities are centered around three projects:
- Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange Polish Returns 2018 project, "Insect Microbiomics"
- National Science Centre Sonata Bis 8 project, “The evolutionary dynamics of the symbioses of Auchenorrhynncha”
- National Science Centre Opus 16 project "Insect microbiome dynamics in time and space"