for the research project " Nutritional ecology of bees: balancing bee nutrient demands and nutrient supply with a diversity of pollen sources"
a) the status of a PhD candidate;
b) education in biology / ecology / nature conservation;
c) proficiency in English, including chemical ecology, confirmed by authorship of relevant scientific papers in English;
e) documented experience in research work / scientific projects (experience in managing own projects is particularly welcome), and this absolutely applies to:
- work related to the importance of chemical elements in the context of ecology;
- planning and conducting scientific experiments;
- knowledge of statistical methods.
(f) ability to work independently;
Responsibilities will include performing project tasks as outlined in the grant proposal, specifically:
- measuring the taxonomic variability of pollen stoichiometry
- quantifying the organismal stoichiometry and stoichiometric niches of wild bees
- balancing pollen stoichiometry or nutritional bottlenecks for bees.
These tasks include laboratory processing of the collected samples for elemental analyses.
The candidate(s) accepted for the above position will receive a stipend of 5000 PLN for 26 months.
To participate in the competition, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV containing information on previous experience described in point (e);
- short letter of motivation;
- a list of scientific publications and scientific projects;
- signed personal data statement, to be downloaded here
Deadline for submitting applications: June 30, 2022 00:00